We are no longer offering free development to individual organizations as our core grant funding is being applied to other major projects inside CIE, for example, the development of online antisemitism monitoring software.We are however still able to accept a limited amount of development work on a paid basis.
Where CIE does accept work for community organisations, we will provide an estimated budget and then charge by the hour. Our budgets are conservative, so projects are usually completed below budget if they progress smoothly.
Our starting rate is $60 per hour, for projects we accept.
A typical website would cost $3k to $5k for us to develop (giving you about $8k to $15k of commercial value).
A very straight forward entry level community website (e.g. 4 pages) can usually be completed on a budget of $500 if the process is streamlined and the requesting organisation undertakes as much of the work as possible itself.
Examples of what the organisation would need to provide to keep the cost down as low as possible:
- A registered domain (this will cost you about $20)
- Your logo or a banner type graphic for the top of the page
- A main picture for the front page
- The menu structure for 3 or 4 pages. By default: Home, About us, Contact Us
- The text to go on each of the pages (i.e. text about the organisation, contact details, perhaps committee details or a mission statement)
- A colour scheme
- Either a picture of what you want it to look like, or an example of one of our existing sites you want to base it on